Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Sweet Baboo

Baboo has grown up over the last year and now sports adult feathers. One of her legs/feet is a bit deformed or twisted and I think it is very lucky she grew up. Twice she must have landed wrong and the foot pained her but the little bird persevered. She enjoys sitting high on the ladder and flying down over my head as I walk past. She practised singing at the warehouse and seemed amazed at what came out of her beak!

Now she is around 18months old and I believe has found a mate. Well, at least she is always in the company of a new butcher bird. They seem to chatter to each other and stay together all the time. I've never been able to find any information on how old they must be before having young or how long they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment